Guys, good play by play earlier. I just got home from th game so heres my opinion of what happened.
First off, alot of bad calls in this game, both ways. I was ready to kill a few refs at certain points in the game, as I know Gate City's fans felt the same.
I know alot are wondering why appy passed so much, the awnser is b/c early in the game Gate City was stuffing the run with 11 men in the box, Until appy got the passing game going, Gate City continued with putting everyone in the box all night, and Appy had recievers running wide open every play, and got great pass protection. The bad weather hurt richardson alot tonight though, it could have been a huge game. Appys passes kept Gate Citys Defense honest though, allowing alot of running room. One thing I did notice is that Gate City was Wore completely out in the 2nd half. Thats not something you usually see in a colobro coached team. Appy was blowing Gate City off the ball in the 2nd half.
Great game by 2 great highschool football programs. I will compliment the back-up quarterback who started for the devils though... I think he handled himself very good, esp considering the weather conditions.
Good game to both teams, hopefully everyone came out of that mess injury free. Good luck next week. I'll definatly be pulling for the Devils.






Bookmarks